The outbreak of a mysterious new CoronaVirus is rapidly spreading. The whole world is going through the fear of this Corona Virus, the Research Councils under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India have issued advisory based on the Indian traditional medicine
As per the Ayurverdic Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your face during cough or sneeze and wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Preferably, use an N95 mask while traveling or working in public places to avoid droplet transmission
- If you suspect Corona Viral infection, wear a mask and contact your nearest hospital immediately.
- Drink Shadang Paniya (Musta, Parpat, Usheer, Chandan,Udeechya & Nagar) processed water (10 gm powder boiled in 1-liter water, until it reduces to half). Store it in a bottle and drink it when thirsty.
- Prophylactic Measures/Immunomodulatory drugs as per the Ayurvedic practices.
- Measures shall be taken to strengthen the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices.
- Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water.
- Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day.
- Trikatu(Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre water, until it reduces to ½ liter and keeps it in a bottle) keep taking it in sips as and when required.
- Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning.
- It has recommended one doze of Arsenicum album 30, daily in empty stomach for threedays
The Unicef has said that corona virus is large in size where the cell diameter is 400-500 micro and for this reason any mask prevents its entry. The virus does not settle in the air but is grounded, so it is not transmitted by air.
According to Unicef, corona virus, when it falls on a metal surface, will live twelve hours, so washing hands with soap and water is enough.
Corona virus, when it falls on fabric remains for nine hours, so washing clothes or being exposed to the sun for two hours meets the purpose of killing it.
Unicef has stated that the virus lives on the hands for ten minutes, so putting an alcohol sterilizer in the pocket meets the purpose of prevention.
If the virus is exposed to a temperature of 26-27 °C, it will be killed, as it does not live in hot regions. Also drinking hot water and sun exposure will do the trick. One should avoid taking ice cream and any cold food. Gargle with warm and saltwater kills the tonsils’ germs and prevents them from leaking into the lungs, explains Unicef.