I tried this most famous Indian healthy breakfast – Rava Upma or simply Upma which is a savory porridge made with semolina and veggies. It makes a filling and satisfying meal and this dish is amazing for the people with a savoury tooth.
Instructions (Rava Upma Recipe For 2 people)
- Take half cup semolina in a pan and roast it on low flame for about 5 minutes and keep it aside.
- Now take 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and add 1 tablespoon raw peanuts. Saute it slightly for a minute and take them out.
- Add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1 teaspoon split Bengal gram and cook it until it crackles add curry leaves.
- Add 1 medium chopped onion and cook it well. You can add season veggies.
- Add 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Wait till the water boils.
- Now its time to add the roasted semolina gradually while stirring the water to avoid lumps. Mix it well till all the water gets absorbed and you get a thick consistency.
- Add 1/2 lime juice.
- Garnish it with roasted peanuts. Serve it hot and enjoy!